If you know me well, you know that I like to keep things simple. When it comes to cooking, I tend to be attracted to one-pot meals, no-nonsense recipes and above all else I love when things are easy to clean!! I’ve recently partnered up with La Terra Fina to create a recipe using their Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Dip, and I immediately thought of this delicious baked brie in puff pastry recipe. It’s the perfect combo of savory and sweet, it’s super easy to make, and best of all, requires little clean up, so it’s a win-win-win! This baked brie in puff pastry is also a crowd pleaser, and is the perfect appetizer for all the holiday parties we have going on this season.
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Topping Ingredients
- 1 24 oz tub of La Terra Fina’s Vanilla Bean Cheesecake dip
- 1 13 to 16 oz wheel of brie cheese
- 1 puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 1 jar of your favorite preserves
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flower
- crackers (or baguette rounds)
Baked Brie in Puff Pastry with Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Topping Instructions
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork.
- Sprinkle the flour on the work surface (I like to use foil so I can just bunch it up afterwards and throw it away). Unfold the pastry sheet on the work surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 14-inch square. Spread the preserves on the pastry in a circle about 1/2-inch larger than the cheese. Place the cheese in the center of the pastry. Fold the pastry up over the cheese to cover. Trim the excess pastry and press to seal. Brush the seam with the egg mixture. Place seam-side down onto a baking sheet. Add the pastry scraps to the top to decorate if you want. Brush with the egg mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Let stand for 45 minutes (or until slightly warm)
- Once the baked brie has cooled down but is still warm, mix two tablespoons of preserves into a quarter cup of the vanilla bean cheesecake dip, then add on top of the brie. I like to then pour the vanilla bean cheesecake dip into a pretty serving bowl and add preserves again, in case people want to add more to their plate.
- Serve with the crackers or baguette rounds, so people can add the baked brie on top
This is a great recipe to serve with other simple yet delicious snacks, such as prosciutto or Serrano ham and a great cheese, and of course a delicious wine or a glass of bubbly. In this case, the mixed-berry preserves that I used pair really well with manchego cheese and Serrano ham.
I normally spend a few days during the holidays at my parents house in McAllen, Texas (south Texas), and this year we’re expecting the weather to be in the 80s on Christmas Day! This is a great opportunity to spend some time outside by the pool and enjoy some wine and appetizers before sitting down for Christmas Eve dinner.
This baked brie in puff pastry recipe can be prepared for any gathering, and the great thing is that this recipe is perfect year round! This is also a great recipe for the super bowl, and other fun events coming up.
This is a post sponsored by La Terra Fina, but all opinions are my own
Enter your name and email to get my free guide that will show you how to transform your phone photography