This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Randalls. The opinions and text are all mine.
Ice cream has been my go-to treat this summer, especially with all the recent 100+ degree days that we’ve been experiencing in Austin! I was really looking forward to trying out Signature Reserve Super Premium Ice Cream, they focus on high-quality globally sourced ingredients and have super fun flavor combos like “Colombian Cold Brew Caramel” and “Bourbon Maple Blondie”.
I bought my Signature Reserve products at my local Randall’s, and you can also find them exclusively at all of the Albertson’s Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, and Carrs/Safeway. You can visit https://tap.fit/HJbWsdphNm to find a store near you and discover more recipe ideas!
I’ve been on a high fiber kick lately, and I was inspired by the Signature Reserve Bourbon Maple Blondie Ice Cream to bake up some blondies with high fiber ingredients like chickpeas to add to my ice cream either as a topping or as a base. I’m a huge fan of brownie sundaes, but wanted something lighter since it’s been so hot outside. These higher fiber blondies pair perfectly with the Signature Reserve Bourbon Maple Blondie Ice Cream, and adds almost 3 grams of fiber per serving.
The Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Creams have a rich, indulgent taste, so these chickpea blondies add a little bit of saltiness and just blend beautifully. The ice cream is so yummy you may just want to eat it right out of the container, so you can crumble up the blondies and just sprinkle them on top.
The blondies recipe is super easy to make, you’ll need:
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas
- ½ cup of a nut butter (could be almond butter, peanut butter, or my fave, PB2)
- ⅓ cup of a sweetener (like honey, agave nectar, maple syrup, monk fruit syrup, or a high fiber sweetener like Choc Zero)
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp both baking soda and baking powder
- ½ cup chocolate chips, plus more to top
- 1 pint Signature Reserve Bourbon Maple Blondie Ice Cream
- preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray an 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray, or spray a cupcake tin with nonstick spray
- in a blender, blend all ingredients except for the chocolate chips until well mixed, then add the chocolate chips and manually mix
- pour or spread the batter into the pan, then top with the remaining chocolate chips
- bake for up to 25 minutes; you’ll notice that the edges may start to separate and brown
- take out of the oven, let cool, and if in a pan, cut into 9 squares
That’s it! You may find the batter to be very thick and doughy depending on what kind of sweetener or nut butter that you use. If you make it in a muffin tin, I would try to evenly distribute the mixture into 9 muffins if you’re using a 12-muffin tin, or you could even fill more of the batter into a muffin tin of 6, you’ll just want to cook them longer (you can tell they’re done when you stick a toothpick into the blondies and it’s clean coming out).
NEW Signature Reserve™ Super Premium Ice Cream is available in the Austin area exclusively at Randall’s stores. Make sure to pick up a pint next time you’re at the store, I’ve got my eyes on a few other flavors like Signature Reserve Indian Cardamom Pistachio Ice Cream, Signature Reserve Brazilian Guava Cheesecake Ice Cream, and Signature Reserve Colombian Cold Brew Caramel Ice Cream :).
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Albertsons Companies . The opinions and text are all mine.
Get exclusive travel deals and promos only available to those on the list 😉